Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hello, Sundance!

That's sweetness with her uncle Brent...
Jacob and I fly out tomorrow night at 6:10 PM for Salt Lake City. Woohoo!
A big group of friends is going skiing, but Carly and I will be taking in the movies. She's not PG, but she doesn't like to ski. Tom, her husband,'s family lives out there. We'll stay with them. So hopefully we'll see some stars! Speaking of, I don't think I ever relayed the story of my meeting Brooke Shields, did I?
So in November, my brother, sis-in-law, and husband went to SLC for skiing and fun. I'm in line at the airport cute boutique for kids' toys (read: last-minute presents marked up by 50%) to buy an Ernie stuffed toy for sweet girl. This lady in front of me looks like Brooke, but then she took off her movie-star sunglasses and I didn't think it was her.
So she has this roller-type suitcase, with a huge bag propped up on top of it. She's paying for an adorable princess toy - my guess is it's for Rowan :)
Anyway, she pays, and when she gets her wallet, the bag starts to topple. I grab it to stop it from falling.
B: Oh, thanks!
M: Sure! Has anyone ever told you that you look like Brooke Shields?
B: Uh, well, I guess!??...

So she goes on paying and the cashier asks if she's been skiing, and she says, "no - I've been working outside, that's why I have this cold".
So then she turns to leave, and she looks at me and says, "I didn't know quite how to say this, but I am Brooke Shields.
I'm all, "no way! I hope you feel better!"

It was so fun. She is really very nice and seems very down-to-earth. Although she had on those adorable light pink Uggs (I know - love 'em or hate 'em - but in Utah with the weather I think they are quite cute) and she sure pulled them off.

Anyway, it was so fun.
I digress.
Back to this trip...
Jacob and I fly out tomorrow night. Carly and I are taking in lots of movies and shopping lots!
Sally (MIL) is coming here tomorrow to pick up little girl. How much will I miss her????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Uggs! I've almost bought the pink ones several times and I keep backing out of it....or they sell out before I can get them.

Have fun! Hope you meet more nice celebraties! Be safe!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, that sounds like such fun! I am sure that you will have a great time. Cute story about BS too! Thanks for sharing