Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Happy Sundance!

Here's Issy with her Uncle Brent (my bro)-

Jacob and I fly out tomorrow at 6:10 PM for Salt Lake City. There is a large group going skiing, but Carly and I will be movie-watching and hob-nobbing with the stars. Hopefully we'll see some! Speaking of, I don't think that I ever told the story of how I got to meet Brooke Shields at the SLC airport in November when we went out to go skiing with Brent and Rachel (bro and sis-in-law).
So I'm in line with a toy Ernie at this adorable little gift shop in the airport. This lady in front of me looks JUST LIKE Brooke Shields but I think, "no way". She took off her movie-star sunglasses for a sec, but it didn't look like her.
So she has a roller-suitcase and then a great big bag that's propped up on the suitcase.
She's paying for an adorable princess-costume, and when she gets out her wallet, the bag starts to fall. I, behind her in line, go to grab it before it topples out.
So she looks at me (with huge sunglasses on):
B: "Thank you so much!"
M: "Has anyone told you that you look JUST LIKE Brooke Shields?"
B: "Well, kind of I guess??..."

She goes on to pay, and the cashier says, "been skiing?" She says, "no - working outside - that's how I got this cold". So she turns around on her way out tp face me.
B: "I didn't quite know how to say this, but I *am* Brooke Shields."
M: "No way! (I really and truly said that - ???) I hope you feel better!"

It was so fun.
I digress.
Jacob and I are flying out to SLC tomorrow - the guys and most of the girls are all skiing. Carly and I are watching like 8 movies, and shopping shopping shopping! And coffee-drinking and reading books, MMMmm. What a fun trip.
Sally (MIL) is meeting me here at 315 to pick up little miss. I'll miss her like crazy... :)
Have a great weekend!

No comments: