Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Guess who took it all?

First place at Poker night? Yours truly.
Poker was at MY house last Friday night. We were so late in planning that I was writing a grocery list at 10 PM on Thursday night. We had three kinds of Bobolis (a white - olive oil, onions, kalamatas, SD tomatoes, artichoke hearts, a sausage/veggie, and pepperoni/veggie), a big Greek salad, and homemade Chipwiches for dessert (well I guess Sandra Lee would call them Semi-Homemade).
Luckily the house was clean, and I had off friday from work.
After battling for several hours and rocking out to my POP music on Itunes (sorry gang), I WON.
After donating part of the $140 in the offering plate (it *is* just an innocent group of friends, though?!), I am going to indulge in a GREAT pair of designer jeans. Like these. Or these.
We had a great time with fun friends; we've been having fun with this crowd for over a year now!
Saturday morning made for an early 6 AM wake up call, but at least Mae is sleeping through the night. Poker night is so much easier when you can sleep in...
Saturday we took it easy. Sunday was church and Jacob's Mom's birthday party here. I let Issa totally decorate the cake; it was precious. Sugar galore. Strawberry cake with strawberry icing, cut into square-layers, and Issa shook all kinds of sugar sprinkles on the top. Just looking at it gave you high blood sugar.
My Mom bought Issa a princess flashlight. I have a flashlight that she loves to play with, but I'm always saying, "turn it off; it'll waste the batteries"... well Mom got her her OWN flashlight and her OWN battery supply. The flashlight has all the Disney princesses on it and is pink. Issa loves it!
And work is going great. This weekend, which starts tomorrow night, thank you very much, we are going to the lake! Brent and Rachel (bro and sis-in-law) and Katelyn will be there and I believe we're going to the AU game. Sunday we're celebrating Dad's birthday.
It'll be a fun weekend.
So please vote on my jeans. Have a great Labor Day!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I vote for the 7 for all man kind! Love'em! Enjoy your weekend!

The Hiatt Family said...

Congrats on your big win! Your menu sounded so delicious. I love both pair; I have a pair of Sevens in Colette. Have you done www.zafu.com? It's great! Check it out...

Anonymous said...

I also vote for the Sevens. I don't have a pair but heard they are wonderful! I also personally just bought a pair of Paige Denim from Nordstrom's - had the top of the back part of the waist taken in so they didn't slide down when you sit and now they are PERFECT! No major stretching and make the behind look bootylicious (well, so the hubby says ;) ). Have fun this weekend!

rachel said...

I just saw the site for the first time in a while and I know you were shopping tonight. So which ones did you get? You were at Nordstrom when I spoke with you, but where did your money end up? Or can you get both at Nordstrom? Ha! Shows what I know.