Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Back to work

I am having such anxiety about returning to work these days. It's terrible. I start on Tuesday. My school is about 3 miles from my house. Issa has a spot at a daycare that is only ~2 miles from my school, but I have got incredible anxiety. When I returned to work at 3 months, I swear I was still so hormonal, and I was weepy lots b/c of that. But now, I've spent every waking moment with her for the past 3 months. And I'm about to have to get back to the real world. PLUS I was told this week that at my new job/school (it's an elementary school), 1) my speech room was taken away - I'll be housed in the special ed classroom (shuttling groups of kids in and out of that room... 2) I Have no computer 3) I have no materials.
WHAT? How the heck am I supposed to do my job? I don't know, I just have major anxiety. I guess this county played their cards right... they had my sign my contract right when I accepted at that school. Didn't happen to tell me about the aforementioned details... Prayers please. This is an anxious time for me... :)

1 comment:

Kelly in NC said...

Glad to see that you are back on line. Sad to hear about your job. Why is it that speech always seems to be at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to EC priorities? Hang in there. I know it will get better...and the situation with Issa too! Miss ya in NC!