Monday, August 28, 2006

Home sweet home



I LOVE our new house! It is four bedrooms and three baths of heaven! It's at least double what I'm used to, and we are loving the area. Of course, we *are* a block from my parents, and now only 30 minutes from Jake's parents, which makes a huge difference, seeing as we used to be 4 hours from them! We are on a little cul-de-sac, with my old elementary school a 9-iron from our house, which will be fun to walk her there later! There's also Henderson Park, in walking distance from here.

  • Issa fell two Sundays ago at church - took a stair face-forward and has a nice little bruise.
  • I got a full time job at an elementary school about 3 minutes from my house. It's about 1 minute from Issa's daycare spot. I start next Monday and boy, am I anxious about it. My Mom's helping by really transitioning her in it - Jake or I will take her every morning at 730, but my Mom will keep her there only a couple of hours the first day, and a few hours the next one... say prayers!
  • I have to get my GA driver's license tomorrow. This should be fun, as all governmental tasks are - waiting in line, rude people, etc...
  • I've gotten to see so many old friends since I've been here! Mary and Greer and Kathy and Katie - I miss my CLT friends, but do love Atlanta too.
  • Jacob and I saw Lyle Lovett at Chastain on Friday night. Incredible. Truly. If you get a chance to see him live, do so!
  • I feel like I haven't picked up a novel in weeks now. People and Us magazine last for 3 minutes before I conk out at night. Any suggestions - what're you reading???

1 comment:

Kelly in NC said...

Your house looks awesome. Tim and I are still on the prowl, trying to find something bigger. Amazing how having a baby really eats up your square footage. With a house that big, you'll be set for baby # 2. As for whay I am reading...Marly and Me. Just started it, so I can't recommend it yet.