Thursday, February 23, 2006

She did great!

Little miss is such a little trooper. We had to wake her up at 510 or so and got her to Presbyterian at 5:30. She did great but came out of the surgery like a true fighter - kicking and SCREAMING. She was ticked off b/c she was groggy from the anesthesia and didn't know why. She was screaming, "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING? MY APPENDAGES ARE NOT WORKING UP TO PAR AND I AM STARVING!" She was so freaking adorable. After she screamed at everyone for a good half hour, she pooped out and slept in her crib for like 2 hours, and woke up like a precious angel, all cooing and talking.
It was definitely one of the scariest things I've done, passing my 9-month-old to an anesthesiologist. I wish I could figure out how to transfer my cameraphone pix to this page b/c she wore a mini hospital gown, tied in the back with tiny diaper hanging out.
I'm thankful that the weekend is here soon so we can just hang out together. She is already much better, hearing sounds differently and even talking more.

2 comments:

Kelly in NC said...

Wow, only a mother would think that it is adorbale for her daughter to throw a tantrum for a half hour! I can't wait until I am a mom! I am glad to hear that she is doing better and I am sure you will feel releaved now that all of the ear infections have magically disappear...all because of a little proceedure!

Kelly in NC said...

Wow, only a mother would think that it is adorbale for her daughter to throw a tantrum for a half hour! I can't wait until I am a mom! I am glad to hear that she is doing better and I am sure you will feel releaved now that all of the ear infections have magically disappear...all because of a little proceedure!