Friday, October 05, 2007

Sweet shishies

I get "shishies" from Deana at Friday Night Fish Fry - isn't that what you call your sister (shishy)? Issa went to Janie's HORSE birthday party, complete with pony rides. She had a blast. Mae continues to get bigger; she is ~4 1/2 months old now! I'm still nursing and I absolutely love it. It is an incredible bond, and a miracle to think that she is only getting food which I produce! Not to mention it continues to help burn calories. And pish-posh on the theory that "breastfed babies don't sleep through the night b/c they want to nurse more"... mine is evidence that you too, can have a nursing baby sleeping through the night.

This weekend is John (Jacob's brother) and Elizabeth's couples/tools & gadgets shower at Karen Johnson's. It will be fun to see all of the family!

Potty training is coming along with Issa. Nothing wrong with a little candy bribe (two fun fruits if she goes - and I cut them in half so it's really one :)

Issa started with a fever last Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday - another child at her daycare had a viral infection so I didn't really wonder what hers was. Two nights ago she was up every 2 hours or so screaming - a trip to the pediatrician confirmed an ear infection. Poor girl. Happy Friday night everyone!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mary said...

Nan
I love the pictures of the girls! I can't believe how big Mae is getting. The picture of Issa on the horse and her braids is priceless. In fact, she looks just like you. Isn't there a picture of you at someones birthday where you have braids and you are making the same expresstion? Maybe it was Matt Taylor's bday when you were little. I don't know, but she looks so much like you in that picture. Love you guys.

Melany aka Supermom said...

I hope she is better by now...
and you know how I am about the breastfeeding. YES it's amazing and wonderful and a bond that is unexplainable

Anonymous said...

Yes, Shishy is what my little sister and her kids call my best friend Sharon. We've been friends since childhood so she is like a sister to my sister and an aunt to the kids.

The girls are so beautiful! Just precious. I know you must just have to sit and look at them sometimes!