Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring fun


We have had a fun past couple of weeks!

Poker Night was a huge success. We had a blast. I did BBQ: got it from Hickory House, and then made coleslaw and baked beans (a homemade recipe with ground beef and bell pepper - so good!). I also made peanut butter cupcakes and coconut cupcakes. The latter is Barefoot Contessa's recipe (yes; it's not a typo - there are a total of six sticks of butter. They are heavenly!). And DH gave me an incredible mixer for my 30th bday, so I love cooking with it. We played poker late into the night, and JACOB won! It was so fun. I think he ended up with over $100!

Saturday morning after Poker Night I went to Charlotte with Issa to hang with Bridget and Thomas. T-man is about 8 months, and Issa LOVES him. She calls him Momas. We shopped, and had girl time. It was so fun. We consignment-shopped, and cooked, and had a blast.

Last weekend: enjoyed Sunday with Sally and Rick, and loved this warm weather! Issa is loving the sun. She took a spill out of the wagon the other day.

I resigned from DeKalb County. I know, I know. It's hard to leave the "back-o-the-library", with no computer, but Gwinnett County woo'd me with my OWN OFFICE, my OWN COMPUTER, my OWN DESKTOP FOR KIDS' USE, and a salary position (hello 401K!) working three days a week! I can't wait to be home two days a week with the girls, and still keep a balance while working three. I am excited.

I'm counting down to 5/25 when I'm due. We still don't know names. This pregnancy is a bit more laid-back for me... :)

This weekend we are going to Birmingham for the A-day game and also for a baby shower for my sis-in-law, Rachel. It's her and my bro's first child - a girl! She's due 4 weeks ahead of me.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much longer! How sweet to have a new baby in the Spring. My nephew Ben was born May 18th and he is a sweetheart!

Poker night sounds like quite a success. I need another game night if we could ever get organized again. So happy to here about your new job! It sounds wonderful....good for you. Life has all kind of goodies in store for you this year!

Speaking from the Heart said...

Congratulations on your new job!!

Anonymous said...

Your new job sounds like a dream...and perfect for your ever-growing family. Glad you are enjoying the warmer weather. It's been pretty nice up this way too..that is until this weekend. Still have carolina blue skies...but back to having a chill in the air.