Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Quick update


I'm having to take a 1/2 day off work today - sinus junk. I've had it for a week, and I think I will have to give in to an antibiotic. I hate taking those. OB stresses it's okay with the baby though.


Issa is in her big-girl bed! I will have to post pix when I get a sec (heh-heh), but she's doing fine. The problem is naptime - she gets out and can't get back in... thoughts?


We are hosting Poker Night at our house on Friday night, which will be a very late night for this PG girl... we've been so busy getting the house together for the shin-dig.


We had a handyman come over yesterday afternoon to switch out a chandelier. After hearing him in there, I heard a crash, and he said, "didn't do it"...

Nice morals there, guy. I went in, and looked ticked. He said, "this thing is cheap - the piece broke but I've got a part that will fix it" (#1 - it's not a cheap chandelier, #2 - first you say, "not my fault", but then say "it's cheap - that's why it broke - which is it?)

So anyway he finishes and gets the rock out of here. I won't be calling him again. His rate was incredibly cheap, which suited me fine. He had no pragmatic skills though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a half a** repairman. I don't think I would be inviting him back either.
I can't wait to hear about your poker night. I always have so much fun when we have game nights with our friends. The poker game is by far my favorite part.
I think next time I should just have poker exclusively.

Anonymous said...

I'd be angry at that repair man too. So was the chaendelier able to be fixed or not? Looking forward to the photos of Issa and her big girl bed. Miss ya lots in NC. Haven't been to too many ZTA meetings sinc eyou left.