Saturday, September 09, 2006

And along came angel Leah

My Mom ended up picking up Issa every day from daycare last week around 9ish. Jake took her at 7ish. So I felt much better with her being at home. I have considered dropping back my job to part time, or even quitting (if I couldn't find the right place for Issa), but I love my job. I love it.
So we interviewed several caretakers last week - at home providers. You know, the ladies that keep a couple of kids in their homes. And it went really well. We found one we loved, and we called her references (four ladies that seriously almost started crying they missed her so much), and we called to tell her "you're the one" last night!
She is so sweet, and lives near here. She was so sweet to Issa, and Issa seemed so comfortable.
I'm once again so grateful to Mom, who'll pick her up very early the first week, to transition her to the new spot. So it's a go! I feel 100% sure about Leah, and I can't wait for Issa to get to know her!
I have 44 kiddos on my speech load - from PreK to 5th grade, and I love it! It's so fun, and there really seems to be some cute kids. The teachers are great. The commute is next-to-nothing.
Last night we celebrated my Dad's 60th bday. Brent and Rachel surprised him by coming. Mom had great steaks, and we had a Bruster's mint choc chip pie - YUM. Good wine, tasty salads, and savory steaks. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Brent and Rachel are expecting their first. We're so excited for Issy to have a cousin! It's also strange thinking of my brother as a Dad!
Toby chewed our new wooden fence DOWN. That dog is possessed. After a $200 trip to the Home Depot, Jake and Brent are working on it. They're also putting in a doggie door and a "dog pen" area in our basement to go if Toby freaks out in the backyard.
Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Kelly in NC said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on. I am glad that you have found a better sitter situation. Sounds like Leah is a blessing!

NaeNae said...

I know you must be thankful to have found Leah, and feel so confident about the decision. Yea, for Issa!