Saturday, December 30, 2006

Just want to bang on these drums all day

This week has been such an incredible one for our little family. Now, Issa's pneumonia has thrown us for a loop, but it has been such a great week for the three of us. It's forced us to spend repeated days together inside our house. Cabin fever was certainly prevalent today, but it has actually been nice to not be allowed to go to the mall, etc.
We could have split up, and "tag-teamed" to do errands, but with how fussy this child is, we both feel bad doing so.
I love having Jacob here all day every day. And I love being here all day every day. This life could get old after a couple of weeks, but it has been just incredible for our little family. We've grown and learned more and more about one another. Jacob and I can get so busy with work that at times, weekends are just "recuperating" times, not time to really focus on each other.
So, with Tuesday, comes Jake's return to work. And I'll miss him. Lots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

I hope Issa is feeling better. Isn't it great to have our husbands around all day? I love this time of the year, because Jeff is with me 24 hours a day. I've been married to Jeff for fifteen years, and I still miss him when he's not around. Thank you, Lord for a husband whom I can't do without. Jean

NaeNae said...

It's nice to have those times to reconnect with the ones you love. I hope Issa is well soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope Issa's pneumonia has passed and she is feeling better. What a way to welcome in the New Year.