Wednesday, November 28, 2007

MISS independent

Carly, Amanda, Melisa, and I went to see Kelly Clarkson last night at the new Cobb Energy! Kelly was only the second show in this venue and it was an excellent show. Annie Lennox was the first one, a few nights ago.
Kelly sang all of the old favorites (Breakaway, Since You've Been Gone, that one that Reba sang too - Because of You), and also lots of fun new ones. I didn't realize the controversy about Kelly and her new album, that she and Clive Davis had a public riff about her new songs, and when she did it her own way, they didn't sell as much as anticipated. But good for her - she's a great performer, and got this 32-year-old and fun friends up and DANCING tons.
The four of us saw these four girls down low (our seats were balcony, but middle-balcony at that), and they were so trendy looking. Tall boots, tight shirts, looking very cute. But we thought they MUST be someone, we didn't know who though.
This morning I checked ajc.com, and there they were. Cute matching shirts - one had a K, one wore an E, one had LL and one had a Y - just on shirts. Very cute. Why didn't we think of that?!
So I need to plug into itunes now, and download her fun album My December. I loved it all! Plus dinner out with the girlfriends, and acting like you are 16 was just plain fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet that was a fun show and it sounds like you had a great time. Yes Kelly is certainly one of the best Idols. I actually want Bo's new CD, he was fired since his bombed and he was sick all the time and his new one he did his own way. I saw a video and it rocked.

Landrum Family said...

Gotta love girls night out! Sounds like fun. :)

NaeNae said...

I am jealous! I love Kelly Clarkson!