Saturday, May 19, 2007

Countdown is on-

So today is May 19. I check in to Piedmont on May 23 at 6:30 AM and the C-section is scheduled for 8:30 AM. It's amazing to think that she'll be here in 4 days. :-0

Her nursery is ready - complete with clean everything and a full diaper changing table. Her little Moses basket is next to our bed, ready to go! We have decided on Ella Mae Allbritton. We'll call her Mae. I would have put Mae first (mae ella) but I love the way Ella Mae sounds. So Mae it is! I actually saw the name first from my friend and old neighbor in Charlotte, Amanda. Her friend's baby girl is Mae, and the name stuck with me. I love it!
Last night was Poker Night - at Carly's. We turned it into Jacob's surprise 30th birthday party. It was a huge sucess. He had NO idea and there was a nice crowd to "surprise" him and spray him with silly string. It was great! We had the usual poker crew, and also two of Jacob's friends form high school and their wives. Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese icing (homemade, thank you very much), a Bruster's birthday cake (yellow cake, fudge filling, choco chip cookie dough ice cream), and BBQ from Old South. It was a great night! We left at midnight b/c Jake's Mom and sis were at home with Issa and were driving back to Cumming. BUT GUESS WHO WAS IN FIRST PLACE AT POKER? Me! I had tons. It was a fun night. They counted chips and decided that since I had 1/3 of all of the chips, they gave me 1/3 of the winnings. I had a lucky night - great hands.
Today we had a great day together. We have gotten lots of baby stuff in order. We had a tea party outside with water :) and Issa played for hours in her sandbox.
I'll check in after baby Mae arrives!

3 comments:

The Van Ordens said...

Look forward to seeing pictures of sweet Ella Mae! Love the name!!

The Hiatt Family said...

We can't wait for her arrival! LOVE the name!

Kelly in NC said...

So today's the big day! I can't wait to hear the details!